Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Birthday Suit Portraits

It's a rainy night in Brooklyn. Just so happens to also be Jim's birthday. I was to meet him and some of his J-school friends at Siberia, the bar where Jayson Blair made up that New York Times story that got everybody all guffy. But the locale got changed to an Upper West Side saloon too far my feeblin ass to trek in this surrounding rain. I stayed in instead and read "The Long Goodbye" and eavesdropped on the sweaty AA meeting that was "Last Comic Standing: The Jay Mohr Roast."

I'm too far away to give him a birthday noogie, so I propose a toast:

To Jim Higdon:

Tallest in his mind;

Civic-minded with an eye toward free umbrellas;

Racially sensitive;

Wide-eyed dreamer of dreams;

Walking loom

Capable maitre d'hotel

Rare fruit.

Time has no defense. Lebanon will fall into GRATITUDE.

ONE UP-

4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jim Higdon said...

Thanks Clint. Never had an HTML b-day present before.

"I've never met a Tara before. You're my first."
--Clint from Dazed and Confused.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Register the Cat said...

To Jim for whom all the babies I know are not named but should be. I think to the day I found out about Matt's pregnancy and how I thought you were dead. I'm glad you're not.

Good friend and average student,
d

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger stark pimp said...

David has babies on the brain. You poppin one?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Register the Cat said...

Only with a BB gun if I can catch it my crosshairs. Crossheirs.

In sum: No. I am going to be the end of my line (not counting Todd's unknown progeny that have been sown across the midwest like trash can after a thunderstorm).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home