Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Jewels in her Frown

So,

Check this link out:

Columbia Rare Books

It's a great photo-tour of a collection of rare books currently
on display at Columbia.

Some highlights:

Tennessee Williams' death glasses



Thomas Merton's Seven Storey Mountain manuscript

.

Gertrude Stein's Tender Buttons, first printing



And a nod to our favorite ornithologist and namesake of fellow Nation Sacker's "actual band," a print from a Double-Elephant Folio edition of John James Audubon's "The Birds of America."


3 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jim Higdon said...

Clint, HELP!

Try as I might, I still can't get a link to a photo or the photo itself on this dag burn blog-thing. I read some stuff on blogger and it said I had to download other stuff, but I'm on a school computer. Maybe when I'm home, I'll download flickr on my Mac and do it that way.

jim.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger stark pimp said...

I fix it. Put in flickr account. And you don't have to download anything from flickr. It is a pretty picture. And I like how you can see the word 'Austria' on one of the earpieces. Tennessee my ass. Those are euro fag glasses. Which is why I'm voting for the Tyrant.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger stark pimp said...

Is "Jewels In Her Frown" a lyric? I think I hear it in my head. If not, I hear it in my head!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home