Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Mount Me

Today is Bob Dylan's motherfucking birthday. I hope he stays alive for a good while longer. He is still growing. At least his hair is. And he's going to record a new album soon, I am sure of it. I've read he's got songs ready. Plus I missed him playing a couple weeks ago. My hat is always off to you and your hook nose and your impossibility.



I've cracked the seal on Face the Truth and listened and am ready for a good long drive somewhere, anywhere as long as it is not in the northeast and instead in the southeast where I can feel a lot better about a variety of things, including myself.



And come see Slow Dazzle with me on drums at the Mercury Lounge NYC June 14 opening up for Kristin Hersh's new band.

And come see Phonovox with me on guitar on June 12, 13 and 15, somewhere else in NYC, including CBGB's. Ha ha ha. No one has read this thing in months and I'm doing PR on it. I move and I shake.

I can't tell whether my new apt is in Ft. Greene or Clinton Hill. Did you know that Clinton means "hill enclosure?" As in, "he enclosed her hills."

9 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Don't Blame Me--You Voted for Bush said...

Bob,

Happy birthday. Just wanted to let you know I have indeed been reading your blog. Reading and lurking.

Although I know you mainly for your singer/songwriter thing and being in that Peckinpah movie, it is good to hear you are branching out into the drums. Unfortunately, I will miss your show, but please break a lot of sticks for me, or launch them unintentionally.

Hotel Motel has an East Coast Long Weekend in the planning stages. The stage we are in now is "Hey, maybe we should go up the East Coast someday on a long weekend." Get me a show in New York or be ready to drive somewhere reasonably close--closer to you than Chapel Hill anyway.


That's what you get.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger stark pimp said...

I did launch them unintentionally during the show. It was so Hubbards Lane.

Bring your Long Weekend Tour '05 up here. That is a fine idea. I'll try to investigate some places you should play. Are y'all still awesome?

Beans.
Corn and beans.
Spinach.
Succotash.
Corn.
Beans.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Don't Blame Me--You Voted for Bush said...

>Beans.
Corn and beans.
Spinach.
Succotash.
Corn.
Beans.<

Thanks for posting the set list. I see you played Corn and beans, my favorite. I also like opening and closing with Beans. Just like Neil Young on Freedom.

Still awesome?


Still awesome?


Still awesome?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger DJ said...

How dare you entitle a blog post "Mount Me" without giving proper credit to our eternal high school talent show band naming struggle -which included the likes of "Tabasco Enema", "Frig Nasty & the Gullycutters", and MY addition, to have been spelled "Mt. Me". Just for that I'm keeping your guitar.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger DJ said...

Also, I think you should hook up w/ Kristin Hersh. I'm just sayin. Also also, I heard CBGB's was shutting down? Eh? Wow, this comment = Ugh + Duh.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger stark pimp said...

Years later, I respond:

DJ, I have no memory of your coining "Mt. Me" - I will argue, though, that my version, "Mount Me," is different enough. And if you don't agree, then you can, ahh, mount me.

Those other names sound suspiciously Bodinian. ?

CBGB's is probably shutting down. Perhaps it is because for as long as I've lived here, they only book TERRIBLE bands, and they book 5-6 bands a night. That's a lot for any legend to bear. But I will get in my licks, hold my head up and soon I will be drinking piss from that crystal cup. In the bathroom.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger dc nahm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger dc nahm said...

gruf, gruf, gruf, gruf, gruf, gruf, gruf, gruf.

Everybody, littel birds.

d

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger jobs123 said...

Hey nice blog! I just want you too know that I have a sands motel blog/sie too!
It's a free information web site for discount hotel rooms!
It can help you save big on your next trip!
You should check it out if you get a chance :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home