Wednesday, August 03, 2005

God Is Ma Mare

Hall of fame jockey Pat Day retires.

Writes a friend,

"I always got a kick out of how the hardcore lexington gamblers called him 'little jesus.' I've heard gamblers scream at the tv "pray harder and get that nag up, you little jesus son of a bitch!"



I once served Pat Day and his wife cheeseburgers in Downtown Louisville. The kitchen was screwed up, the food came out late and I watched Day become visibly anxious. They ate very quickly, paid the bill and bolted. Not 20 minutes later I looked up at the TV in the bar, tuned to Churchill Downs coverage, and there was Day, mounted and moments away from start gate.

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger wasabiwolf said...

Damn, I bet he got some mean heartburn from running out of there so quick!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger dc nahm said...

Wouldn't eating a burger add too much weight? And where would he put it? He is the size of a flea's dick.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger stark pimp said...

I know I thought about that but I guess little people have to eat too, even if they have no reason to live...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home