Friday, August 05, 2005

Hunter Whitaker, 23, of Lexington's Coven and Crazy D Passes Away




Here is a post from www.eugenerecords.com message board this morning...


Tragedy

posted by taylor 2005-08-05 10:08:24
I really regret putting this info on here but I know many of you will want to know..

Apparently last night in Chicago while on tour with City Mouse, Hunter Whitaker of Coven & Crazy D passed away. Details are really sketchy but according to some of those present, he drowned in the Chicago river.

This is a terrible, terrible thing -- Hunter was a really great guy and had a lot of friends that will sorely miss him. Our sincere condolences go out to all friends and family. I'll post more details as they become available.

RIP


Here is a clipping out of the Chicago Tribune. (login required)


Hunter rapped in the local gangster influenced group Coven and Crazy D. He has a son named Darby and was a great guy. He used to come into where I worked at the CD shop and we would talk about the film Desperate Teenage Love Dolls and Red Kross. I met him back in the late nineties in Berea where we would both attend punk rock shows and drink beer. His influence in the Eugene Records scene was immense and is going to be irreplaceable. Although we were never close, I am truly saddened by this travesty. Hunter was a hell of a guy and I am going to miss him dearly.

Michael Turner

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger dc nahm said...

I'm sorry Mikey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home